Search this blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

Failed validation and returned validation status "VS_NEEDSNEWMETADATA".

Problem:
Today I deployed my ETL package at my Staging Server. When I tried to execute the ETL, it throws error like,
[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: "component "SharePoint List Source" (1)" failed validation and returned validation status "VS_NEEDSNEWMETADATA".
Solution:
I followed the steps listed here to solve that problem.

1. Open your ETL Package (*.dtsx) file thru Microsoft Visual Studio
2. Reconfigured every of components of the package, by double click on the components, refreshing the schema, mapping with proper destination if required, etc.,
3. Save the Package
4. Import the package to Integration Services

After I tried to execute my package at staging server, it works fine.

Hope it helps!

2 comments:

  1. I was getting a similar error, due to renaming a column in Sharepoint. After renaming a column, SP may still hold onto the original column name (for CAML Queries?). The fix in my case was to delete the SP column and re-add the column. This fixed a naming discrepancy that was occurring between 2 SP lists that "looked" the same on the outside.

    ReplyDelete